- My newest film MAN MADE (2022) is premiering at the 9th edition of the Winnipeg Underground Film Festival! The program Going Nowhere is screening on May 29th in-person and online. Very happy to premiere this film that has strong ties to the prairies in Winnipeg.
- Via Karelia (2021) can be seen this May at the 68th edition of the International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, which takes place in Oberhausen, Germany. The film is screening as a part of the CFMDC & Vtape program on May 8th!
- I am happy to announce to be a proud (and thankful) recipient of an artistic Research & Creation Grant, awarded this year by the Canada Council for the Arts. I will be researching experimental screenwriting methods in preparation for my new fiction-leaning longer project. More updates along the way!
- Via Karelia (2021) is screening at Internationales Frauen* Film Fest held in Dortmund+Köln, Germany. This German premiere is going to take place on April 2nd, at noon at Filmhaus Köln. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Via Karelia (2021) will screen online as a part of the Boston-based Peripheries Experimental Film & Video Festival. The programming is available for free on Vimeo from April 10 to April 14th.
- Via Karelia (2021) is going to screen as a part of West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival on Saturday, April 23rd. Happy to be a part of this great festival for the second time!
- Via Karelia (2021) is going to screen as a part of Toronto-based Pleasure Dome’s programming. The program Domestic Documents: Spaces of Care & Crisis, curated by Lena Chen, is available online March 23rd – April 6th and I’ll be attending a closing zoom Q&A with the fellow filmmakers on Wednesday, April 6th.
- ARIES (2020) is screening at Mumbai as a part of the The 16mm Film Festival Harkat. Screenings will take place online and offline this year. Offline screenings will be held at their studio in Versova, Mumbai. The screening will take place on December 12th followed by an online Q&A.
- ARIES (2020) will screen in Regina, Treaty 4 as a part of the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative’s Membership Screening on December 16th!
- Wonderful news from the Saskatchewan Independent Film Awards! Via Karelia (2021) wins best short film together with Torch Narrows – Directed by Simon Garez. Thank you for the recognition!
- Via Karelia (2021) is screening as a part of Pleasure Dome’s online program Moving Homeward. The screening is available from November 10 – 17 and can be accessed through the PD website. There’s also going to be a Q&A on the 17th with all programmed filmmakers.
- ARIES (2020) is screening as a part of WNDX taking place in-person in Winnipeg and online on October 6 – 10th.
- Via Karelia (2021) is screening at Helsinki International Film Festival Love&Anarchy on September 25th. It is going to screen as a part of the R&A Shorts “Next Level Shorts” program accompanied with a range of amazing experimental work from Finnish artists.
- Via Karelia (2021) is going to premiere at Mimesis Documentary Festival taking place in Boulder, Colorado in August 4-10.
- ARIES Installation is exhibited in Mediabox gallery in Helsinki, Finland. The exhibition opens on July 23rd and is up until August 15th, 2021.
- ARIES (2020) is selected to be a part of the Future of Film Showcase program, streaming at CBC Gem. The 8th annual showcase is taking place from July 9th – July 22nd. Read Liam Lacey’s article on the festival on Original CIN.
- ARIES (2020) is screening as a part of the Art et expérimentation program at Rendez-vous Québec Cinéma. The 39th edition of this Film Festival takes place from April 28th – May 8th.
- New film ARIES (2020) premieres at Hong Kong International Film Festival as a part of the Poetry in Motion Avant Garde Shorts programme. The 45th edition of one of Asia’s oldest and most reputable festivals is taking place online between April 1-12th.
- ARIES (2020) is going to be screened at the new and exciting first edition of Peripheries Experimental Film and Video Festival. I will be also taking part in the shape of a pre-recorded Q&A with Nicholas Swanton.
- New film MASCING (2020) premieres at Interface Festival 2020 edition. MASCING is a film that leans towards video art, attempting to form a conversation about gender between a human and a found footage VHS tape.
- Magdaleena (2019) is going to be screened at Helsinki International Film Festival, also known as Love&Anarchy. The screening carries the name With the Current and is put together by the wonderful artist and curator Sepideh Rahaa. Screening takes place on September 26th.
- Waves (2017) is screening as a part of program “Screening Under the Steeple” presented by The Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative and the Cathedral Village Arts Festival.
- Magdaleena (2019) is going to have its world premiere at International Film Festival Rotterdam later this month as a part of the Wait And See program, curated by Edwin Carels. We are so delighted to showcase our work in Rotterdam for the first time ever! Thank you for Finnish Film Foundation and Frame Contemporary Art Finland for providing the support in order to attend the festival in person!
- My debut short fiction Magdaleena (2019) has been nominated at this year’s Saskatchewan Independent Film Awards for Best Short Film and Technical Achievement in Sound Design. Additionally Aksa Korttila who plays Magda in the film, is nominated for Best Acting. We are excited and honoured for the nominations!
- I directed a film sequence for Regina based artist and musician Natural Sympathies’ new album and feminist sci-fi film POROUS. The complete album and film launch is taking place at November 15th at Silt Studio, Regina SK. Read more about this project here.
- SAARI (2016) is going to screen at Gimme Some Truth Documentary Film Festival at Winnipeg. SAARI is screening as a part of a program called “Memory in place of Survival: Recent short docs from Saskatchewan”. The program, curated by Alexander Rogalski, is going to be dedicated to honour the memory of Trudy Stewart, who passed away on September 28. Trudy was a proud member of the Flying Dust First Nation and an amazing filmmaker/producer. I truly look up to her as a storyteller and artist and I will always be inspired by the way she built bridges between different communities and impacted people around her. Her film From Up North will conclude the program, that screens on November 9th at 3 pm.
- I will be taking part this year’s Independent Imaging Retreat aka “Film Farm”, led by Philip Hoffman. So excited for this opportunity!
- Waves (2017) is going to be exhibited as a part of Montréal en Lumière at Studio 303 on March 2nd. Exhibition “All Nuit Long Videodance” is free and runs from 9 pm to 1 am. Thank you curators Kim-Sanh Châu and Guillaume Vallée for the excellent program!
- Magdaleena (2018) film&installation MFA screening takes place in Fifth Parallel Gallery, Regina on December 19th!
- Waves (2017) was selected to be a part of film and video screening Horizontal Variances featuring works by artists from Regina/Calgary/Winnipeg co-programmed by Colton Bates and Amber Christensen. Screening takes place in Regina on October 26th at the Saskatchewan Filmpool.
- The film/sound installation Based on True Stories is being exhibited as a part of the first ever Nuit Blanche Regina on Saturday 29th in front of the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative in downtown Regina. Thank you Nuit Blanche and Filmpool for the support, I am very excited!
- The film Magdaleena has now its own Facebook page! I am working hard to get the post production for this upcoming fiction debut done before the end of August. Stay tuned!
- Exciting news! Waves (2017) is selected to screen in the AE Film Festival in Minnesota, as a part of their program Knots in June 1st.
- SAARI (2018) is going to screen in Montreal as a part of VISIONS program called Accents of Air and Earth programmed by Mike Rollo. The screening takes place on May 10 at La Cinematheque quebecoise.
- Waves (2017) is selected to be a part of this year’s Flamingo Film Festival in Florida! This is a great festival showcasing a variety of international student work.
- Waves (2017) is selected to Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival 2018! The screening takes place on April 14th and is hosted by WVU School of Art and Design.
- My first solo exhibition VALOA – Light & Surface is going to be up in the Fifth Parallel Gallery from March 19th – March 29th. Opening Reception March 19th from 6pm – 8 pm at the Fifth Parallel, Welcome!
- Waves (2017) is selected to Living Skies Student Film Festival! It’s the festival’s 30th anniversary and the festival will run from March 8th to March 10th.
- Waves (2017) is nominated for Best in Saskatchewan and Best Experimental film in the Living Skies Student Film Festival.
- Waves (2017) Is going to premiere in Pile of Bones Underground Film Festival in Regina on September 30th!
- SAARI (2016) is selected to be a part of WNDX Festival of Moving Image 2017! It will be screened as a part of the short program “This Must be the Place” on Thursday 5th of October.
- New experimental work Waves is finally ready after 2 years of post production!
Thank you Kim-Lee Campbell and Tytti Arola for your collaboration and hard work on this project and Kyath Battie for the mental support and Saskatchewan Filmpool for the financial support. More details on Waves premiere later on September.