THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE. MORE TO COME SOON…
N E W S
- Magdaleena (2019) is going to have its world premiere at International Film Festival Rotterdam later this month as a part of the Wait And See program, curated by Edwin Carels. We are so delighted to showcase our work in Rotterdam for the first time ever!
- My debut short fiction Magdaleena (2019) has been nominated at this year’s Saskatchewan Independent Film Awards for Best Short Film and Technical Achievement in Sound Design. Additionally Aksa Korttila who plays Magda in the film, is nominated for Best Acting. We are excited and honoured for the nominations!
- I directed a film sequence for Regina based artist and musician Natural Sympathies’ new album and feminist sci-fi film POROUS. The complete album and film launch is taking place at November 15th at Silt Studio, Regina SK. Read more about this project here.
- SAARI (2016) is going to screen at Gimme Some Truth Documentary Film Festival at Winnipeg. SAARI is screening as a part of a program called “Memory in place of Survival: Recent short docs from Saskatchewan”. The program, curated by Alexander Rogalski, is going to be dedicated to honour the memory of Trudy Stewart, who passed away on September 28. Trudy was a proud member of the Flying Dust First Nation and an amazing filmmaker/producer. I truly look up to her as a storyteller and artist and I will always be inspired by the way she built bridges between different communities and impacted people around her. Her film From Up North will conclude the program, that screens on November 9th at 3 pm.
- I will be taking part this year’s Independent Imaging Retreat aka “Film Farm”, led by Philip Hoffman. So excited for this opportunity!
- Waves (2017) is going to be exhibited as a part of Montréal en Lumière at Studio 303 on March 2nd. Exhibition “All Nuit Long Videodance” is free and runs from 9 pm to 1 am. Thank you curators Kim-Sanh Châu and Guillaume Vallée for the excellent program!
- Magdaleena (2018) film&installation MFA screening takes place in Fifth Parallel Gallery, Regina on December 19th!
- Waves (2017) was selected to be a part of film and video screening Horizontal Variances featuring works by artists from Regina/Calgary/Winnipeg co-programmed by Colton Bates and Amber Christensen. Screening takes place in Regina on October 26th at the Saskatchewan Filmpool.
- The film/sound installation Based on True Stories is being exhibited as a part of the first ever Nuit Blanche Regina on Saturday 29th in front of the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative in downtown Regina. Thank you Nuit Blanche and Filmpool for the support, I am very excited!
- The film Magdaleena has now its own Facebook page! I am working hard to get the post production for this upcoming fiction debut done before the end of August. Stay tuned!
- Exciting news! Waves (2017) is selected to screen in the AE Film Festival in Minnesota, as a part of their program Knots in June 1st.
- SAARI (2018) is going to screen in Montreal as a part of VISIONS program called Accents of Air and Earth programmed by Mike Rollo. The screening takes place on May 10 at La Cinematheque quebecoise.
- Waves (2017) is selected to be a part of this year’s Flamingo Film Festival in Florida! This is a great festival showcasing a variety of international student work.
- Waves (2017) is selected to Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival 2018! The screening takes place on April 14th and is hosted by WVU School of Art and Design.
- My first solo exhibition VALOA – Light & Surface is going to be up in the Fifth Parallel Gallery from March 19th – March 29th. Opening Reception March 19th from 6pm – 8 pm at the Fifth Parallel, Welcome!
- Waves (2017) is selected to Living Skies Student Film Festival! It’s the festival’s 30th anniversary and the festival will run from March 8th to March 10th.
- Waves (2017) is nominated for Best in Saskatchewan and Best Experimental film in the Living Skies Student Film Festival.
- Waves (2017) Is going to premiere in Pile of Bones Underground Film Festival in Regina on September 30th!
- SAARI (2016) is selected to be a part of WNDX Festival of Moving Image 2017! It will be screened as a part of the short program “This Must be the Place” on Thursday 5th of October.
- New experimental work Waves is finally ready after 2 years of post production!
Thank you Kim-Lee Campbell and Tytti Arola for your collaboration and hard work on this project and Kyath Battie for the mental support and Saskatchewan Filmpool for the financial support. More details on Waves premiere later on September.
- My thesis work – Installation/ Film Magdaleena receives a production grant and equipment deferral from Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative.
I am very grateful for the support from the Filmpool and will be working on the script for this film throughout the summer 2017.